Saturday, April 21, 2018

Research on Standards Based Grading

Where's the research? 

Hey there! So, I wanted to post some information of where you could find some more research on standards based grading. This research has been influential on the decisions that my SBG PLC has made in the two years that we have been implementing this grading system.

Rick Wormeli, author of "Fair Isn't Always Equal": 


Robert J. Marzano, author of "Formative Assessment & Standards Based Grading": 




There are many authors and educational professionals out there that are using this system and advocate its use. I would also recommend doing personal research through blogs, Pinterest, and other school districts that have implemented this grading system school wide. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Transform Your Boring PowerPoint -- Learning Stations in the Classroom

For the first three years of my teaching career, I dreaded doing notes with my students . They were in their seats the whole time, would tak...